Weiler's take on transmedia:
It's not just about being on multiple screens, it's the idea that a story can have multiple timelines. It can have a linear structure in one sense, in one of the strands, but you can also go vertically down through those timelines and jump into another line. In some ways I feel that I'm a story architect. Or an experience designer. I want to create experiences that hopefully evoke some sense of feeling or response, and that's no different from when I'm writing or directing films, television, or games. I'm storytelling agnostic. I don't want to be tied to a potential format or a certain running time. I want to be able to tell the story in the way that I want to tell the story, that's most reflective of what I'm trying to say.
 transmedia in a graph:

transmedia2.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swifties vs Ticketmaster

understanding the under 19s

BARD still BARF